Plasma Cutting Services
- Plasma Cut Parts Online
- Aluminium, Steel, Copper
- Express Manufacturing within 10 Days
Start A New Sheet Metal Quote
STEP | STP | SLDPRT | STL | IPT | 3DXML | CATPART | PTC | PRT | SAT | DXF
You can also upload your technical drawings
Plasma Cutting Capacities
We offer CNC plasma cutting services for sheet metal. We use two types of plasma cutters 2- and 3-axis, which makes it possible to produce parts of any complexity applicable for this fabrication method. The cut parts can be post-processed upon request with coating, heat-treatment and others.
Try Xometry Out Now In Just A Few Steps
Multiple designs for different parts can be imported at the same time to produce a single quote. In less than a minute, a detailed cost estimation appears on the screen.
First, select the manufacturing process you require. You can then choose from over 70 materials, both metals and plastics, and from a wide range of finishes and certifications.
Once you have selected the required options, all you need to do is confirm the order and pay for it on the secure payment platform. Your design will be analysed by engineers.
Within a short amount of time, you will receive the parts you ordered directly to your shipping address. You can track your package at any time in your personal account.
Advantages of Plasma Cutting with Xometry
Using the latest plasma cutting machines, Xometry produces highly accurate, quick turnaround parts in as fast as 10 days.
Xometry offers various tolerance options in accordance with ISO 2768 (standard, fine) and ISO 286 (Grades 8, 7, 6).
Plasma cut parts can be post-processed upon request with coatings, heat-treatments and others.
Choose from a variety of sheet metals across a wide range of strength, conductivity, weight, and corrosion-resistance.
Our QA department performs strong quality assurance. Xometry is ISO 9001 certified.
Plasma Cutting Materials
- Aluminium 5052 / 3.3523 / Al-Mg2.5
- Aluminium 5083 / 3.3547 / Al-Mg4.5Mn
- Aluminium 5754 / 3.3535 / Al-Mg3
- Aluminium 6060 / 3.3206 / Al-MgSi
- Aluminium 6061 / 3.3211 / Al-Mg1SiCu
- Aluminium 6082 / 3.2315 / Al-Si1Mg
- Aluminium 7075 / 3.4365 / Al-Zn6MgCu
- Steel 1.0038 / S235JR
- Steel 1.0044 / S275JR
- Steel 1.0117 / S235J2 / S235J2G4
- Steel 1.0117 / S235J2 / S235J2G4, pickled and oiled
- Steel 1.0330 / DC01
- Steel 1.0503 / C45
- Steel 1.0570 / S355J2G3
- Steel 1.1191 / XC48H1 / C45E
- Steel 1.2379 / X153CrMo12 / SKD11, annealed
- Steel 1.2510 / 100MnCrW4 / SKS3, annealed
- Steel 1.7218 / 25CrMo4
- Steel 1.7225 / 42CrMo4
- Stainless Steel 304 / 1.4301 / X5CrNi18.10
- Stainless Steel 316L / 1.4404 / X2CrNiMo17-12-2
Plasma Cutting Finishing Options
This is a finish option with the fastest turnaround. Parts are left with visible tool marks and potentially sharp edges and burrs, which can be removed upon request.
- Zinc Coating / Galvanising
- Electroless Nickel Plating
- Anodising: Hard & Colour (Black Hardcoat, Black, Blue, Gold, Grey Hardcoat, Green, Natural Hardcoat, Natural, Orange, Red)
- Polishing / Electropolishing
- Case Hardening
- Powder Coating : This is a process where powdered paint is sprayed onto a part which is then baked in an oven. This creates a strong, wear- and corrosion-resistant layer that is more durable than standard painting methods. A wide variety of colors are available to create the desired aesthetic
Additional processing and finishes on request.
Plasma Cutting Specifications & Capabilities
|Thickness Ranges||Standard Сutting Areas|
|Aluminium: 1.0-40 mm||Thin sheets up to 4 mm thick: 1000×2000 mm, 1250×2500 mm, 1500×3000 mm|
|Steel: 1.0-40 mm||Thick sheets over 4 mm thick: 1500×3000 mm, 2000×3000 mm, 1500×6000 mm|
|Stainless Steel: 1.0-40 mm|
Overview: What is Plasma Cutting?
The Basics Of Plasma Cutters
CNC plasma cutting technology is used to cut sheet metal of higher thickness (up to 300 mm) in comparison to laser cutting, which is used for thinner sheets (up to 15 mm). The technology of plasma cutting uses a jet of hot plasma to cut parts out of conductive materials. The cutting occurs as the result of establishing an electric channel of superheated gas between a plasma cutter and the material. As in the other CNC machining technologies, the CNC plasma cutting process is guided by a computer that follows a pre-uploaded CAD model.
There are 2- and 3-axis types of plasma cutters available on the market.
A standard tolerance level for the majority of CNC plasma cutters ranges from 0.1 to 0.2 mm depending on the size and requirements. But tolerance levels may be adjusted to our customer’s requirements.
Any size, maximal thickness of sheet steel and aluminium up to 40 mm.
Plasma Cutting Resources
Xometry Also Offers These Services
Order Sheet Metal Parts Online
All uploads are secure and confidential.