Plasma Cutting Service
- Plasma Cut Parts Online
- Aluminium, Steel, Copper
- Express Manufacturing within 10 Days
Upload your CAD files for an instant quote.
Plasma Cutting Services
We offer CNC plasma cutting services for sheet metal. We use two types of plasma cutters 2- and 3-axis, which makes it possible to produce parts of any complexity applicable for this fabrication method. The cut parts can be post-processed upon request with coating, heat-treatment and others.
Advantages of Plasma Cutting with Xometry
Using the latest plasma cutting machines, Xometry produces highly accurate, quick turn parts in as fast as 10 days.
Xometry offers various tolerance options in accordance with ISO 2768 (standard, fine) and ISO 286 (Grades 8, 7, 6).
Plasma cut parts can be post-processed upon request with coatings, heat-treatments and others.
Choose from a variety of sheet metals across a wide range of strength, conductivity, weight, and corrosion-resistance.
Our QA department performs strong quality assurance. Xometry is ISO 9001 certified.
Plasma Cutting Materials
- EN AW-5083 / 3.3547 / AlMg4,5Mn
- EN AW-6082 / 3.2315 / AlSi1Mg
Custom aluminium alloys are also available
- 1.0038 / St37-K / S235JR
- 1.0570 / St52 / S355
Custom steel alloys are also available
- 1.4301 / X5CrNi18.10 (V2A)
- 1.4404 / X2CrNiMo17-12-2 (V4A)
Custom steel alloys are also available
This is a finish option with the fastest turnaround. Parts are left with visible tool marks and potentially sharp edges and burrs, which can be removed upon request.
- Zing Coating / Galvanising
- Electroless Nickel Plating
- Anodizing: Hard & Colour (Black Hardcoat, Black, Blue, Gold, Gray Hardcoat, Green, Natural Hardcoat, Natural, Orange, Red)
- Polishing / Electropolishing
- Case Hardening
- Powder Coating : This is a process where powdered paint is sprayed onto a part which is then baked in an oven. This creates a strong, wear- and corrosion-resistant layer that is more durable than standard painting methods. A wide variety of colors are available to create the desired aesthetic.
Additional processing and finishes on request.
Plasma Cutting Specifications & Capabilities
- Aluminium: 1,0-40 mm
- Steel: 1,0-40 mm
- Stainless Steel: 1,0-40 mm
Standard Сutting Areas
- Thin sheets up to 4 mm thick: 1000×2000 mm, 1250×2500 mm, 1500×3000 mm
- Thick sheets over 4 mm thick: 1500×3000 mm, 2000×3000 mm, 1500×6000 mm
Overview: What is Plasma Cutting?
The Basics Of Plasma Cutters
CNC plasma cutting technology is used to cut sheet metal of higher thickness (up to 300 mm) in comparison to laser cutting, which is used for thinner sheets (up to 15 mm). The technology of plasma cutting uses a jet of hot plasma to cut parts out of conductive materials. The cutting occurs as the result of establishing an electric channel of superheated gas between a plasma cutter and the material. As in the other CNC machining technologies, the CNC plasma cutting process is guided by a computer that follows a pre-uploaded CAD model.
There are 2- and 3-axis types of plasma cutters available on the market.
A standard tolerance level for the majority of CNC plasma cutters ranges from 0.1 to 0.2 mm depending on the size and requirements. But tolerance levels may be adjusted to our customer’s requirements.
Any size, maximal thickness of sheet steel and aluminium up to 40 mm.
Plasma Cutting Resources
An Overview of Plasma Cutting
Plasma cutting is a CNC cutting process in which a jet of hot plasma is used to cut material.In this process, electrical energy and heat are applied...Read more
Design Tips for Sheet Metal Bending
Bending is a form of deformation, one of three primary processes in sheet metal fabrication; the other two being cutting and joining. Bending is done by...Read more
Introduction to Sheet Metal Fabrication
Sheet metal fabrication is the process of turning flat sheet metals, typically 0.15 mm to 10 mm thick, into parts and structures of various shapes....Read more
Order Sheet Metal Parts Online
All uploads are secure and confidential.