Laser Cutting Service
- Laser Cut Parts Online
- Aluminium, Steel, Stainless Steel
- Express Manufacturing within 10 Days
Upload your CAD files for an instant quote.
Laser Cutting Services
We offer CNC laser cutting of sheet metals: aluminium, steel, stainless steel and copper. We use CO2, Nd, and Nd:Yag laser cutters, which allow high-precision cutting, boring and engraving. Ready parts can be post-processed upon request with coatings, heat-treatments and others.
Advantages of Laser Cutting with Xometry
Using the latest laser cutters, Xometry produces highly accurate, quick turn parts in as fast as 10 days.
Xometry offers various tolerance options in accordance with ISO 2768 (standard, fine) and ISO 286 (Grades 8, 7, 6).
Laser parts can be post-processed upon request with coatings, heat-treatments and others.
Choose from a variety of sheet metals across a wide range of strength, conductivity, weight, and corrosion-resistance.
Our QA department performs strong quality assurance. Xometry is ISO 9001 certified.
Laser Cutting Materials
- EN AW-5083 / 3.3547 / AlMg4,5Mn
- EN AW-6082 / 3.2315 / AlSi1Mg
Custom aluminium alloys are also available
- 1.0038 / St37-K / S235JR
- 1.0570 / St52 / S355
Custom steel alloys are also available
- 1.4301 / X5CrNi18.10 (V2A)
- 1.4404 / X2CrNiMo17-12-2 (V4A)
Custom steel alloys are also available
This is a finish option with the fastest turnaround. Parts are left with visible tool marks and potentially sharp edges and burrs, which can be removed upon request.
- Zing Coating / Galvanising
- Electroless Nickel Plating
- Anodizing: Hard & Colour (Black Hardcoat, Black, Blue, Gold, Gray Hardcoat, Green, Natural Hardcoat, Natural, Orange, Red)
- Polishing / Electropolishing
- Case Hardening
- Powder Coating : This is a process where powdered paint is sprayed onto a part which is then baked in an oven. This creates a strong, wear- and corrosion-resistant layer that is more durable than standard painting methods. A wide variety of colors are available to create the desired aesthetic
Additional processing and finishes on request.
Laser Cutting Specifications & Capabilities
- Aluminium: 1,0-6,0 mm
- Steel: 0,8-20 mm
- Stainless Steel: 0,5-16 mm
Standard Сutting Areas
- Thin sheets up to 4 mm thick: 1000×2000 mm, 1250×2500 mm, 1500×3000 mm
- Thick sheets over 4 mm thick: 1500×3000 mm, 2000×3000 mm, 1500×6000 mm
Overview: What is Laser Cutting?
The Basics Of Laser Cutting
CNC laser cutting is a computer-controlled fabrication process that uses high-density light beam to cut parts out of a sheet metal workpiece. The process is guided by a computer that is guided by pre-uploaded 2D-models. This fabrication process is known for its cost-efficiency and high precision.
- CO2 lasers are normally used for the standard production purposes (e.g. for cutting thinner metals)
- Nd and Nd:Yag are more powerful and used to cut thicker sheet metal, but are more expensive in use than CO2 lasers
A standard tolerance level for the majority of CNC laser cutters ranges from 0.1 to 0.2 mm depending on the size and requirements. But tolerance levels may be adjusted to our customer’s requirements.
Any size, maximal thickness of sheet steel up to 20 mm, and up to 6 mm for aluminium.
Laser Cutting Resources
Introduction to Sheet Metal Fabrication
Sheet metal fabrication is the process of turning flat sheet metals, typically 0.15 mm to 10 mm thick, into parts and structures of various shapes....Read more
Introduction to Laser Cutting
Laser cutting is a CNC cutting process in which a high-powered laser is used to cut through materials.In this process, a high-density light beam is...Read more
Sheet Metal Selection Guide
The ultimate selection guide for all materials available for sheet metal fabrication at Xometry Europe. This guide contains all the sheet metal fabrication...Read more
Order Sheet Metal Parts Online
All uploads are secure and confidential.