We are expanding our IT team and looking for a Data Analyst who can support our efforts in data-driven decisions and business-process optimization across the organization. This position is remote full-time and includes active feature ownership: we expect the person in this position to control and share data-related knowledge, provide BI tools for teams and insights for the management.
Who are we?
Xometry is the world’s largest on-demand production platform that is disrupting the manufacturing industry. Through our platform, companies have the chance to easily request and obtain individual quotations to meet their production needs. Our international network of over 6,000 production partners enables us to offer a wide range of processing technologies: CNC processing, sheet metal processing, 3D printing and others. We deliver the final parts after a strict quality assurance process and our customers can always track the status of their requests. Xometry’s customers include BMW, Bosch, Dell Technologies, General Electric and NASA.
The platform (ERP system for internal business processes + Customer front + Suppliers front) is based on Ruby on Rails/PostgreSQL stack, Typescript/React frontend, Python modules and integrations with 3rd party solutions via APIs. Currently, the European tech team is 14 people in size and we prefer keeping it small and blazing fast. We serve all European business operations which are independent of the US business served by another tech team of ~70. We are building the uber-like platform for manufacturing, deploying updates almost every working day, so there is a lot of interesting work to be done.
- Taking an active part in business-process optimization activities by providing data-based insights, formulating optimization proposals, setting up experiments and evaluating results. Key focusing areas are Sales, Operations, partner-network management (i.e. Supply).
- Support Management in strategic and tactical decision-making based on extensive data analysis.
- Create and develop interactive dashboards using BI platform Looker, educate and encourage teams and management to apply data-driven approach to process management.
- Contribute to data warehouse development, maintaining high data quality, helping developers with data transformations, integrations, ETL, etc.
- Taking part in the implementation of AI initiatives aimed at operational improvements.
Successful candidate has
- Technical mindset and (at least) bachelor degree at technical science.
- 3+ years of experience as analyst/data science in B2C.
- Proven records of developing dashboards aimed to solve real business tasks. We use Looker but the experience with Tableau, Qlik, Chartio, etc. also counts.
- Product and business sense.
- Understanding principles of unit economy, user behaviour analysis, finding insights and presenting outcomes to the management.
- Confident knowledge of mathematics and basic knowledge of mathematical statistics.
- Understanding web development tech stack, programming background is also a plus.
- SQL and Python for data processing.
- Team player experienced in cross-functional teams, sufficient English for an international company.
- Ready to work in a startup environment with continuously evolving goals.
Examples of problems to be solved
Sales strategy optimization
Our main product – Machined Parts-on-demand – is offered with different options (technologies, materials, post-processing options etc). Seems like these variants differently affect claims rate, delays and margin.
Task: Formulate optimal sales strategy and critical success factors aimed to mitigate claims risks and income loss based on clustering of offered products from the historical perspective.
Optimal order distribution
Each received order needs to be outsourced ASAP to the best-fit production partner.
Task: Increase platform efficiency by design and implementation of optimal order distribution strategies balancing various efficiency criteria.
Balance of Demand (customer orders requests) and Supply (availability of production partners with proper technological capabilities) are constantly changing. It requires us to proactively identify lacking production competences and expand the Production Partners Network.
Task: Support partner management team focusing their efforts to efficiently keep balance state.
Operational Processes Optimization
Our sales depend on customer satisfaction which depends on on-time supply production with no claims. It consequently depends on operational processes.
Task: Identify bottlenecks and critical success factors in operational business processes and design a system of preventive controls to avoid customer claims/delays.
- Russian speaking remote team in a large international company.
- Successful startup (80 people in Europe) inside the world market leader (450 people in total).
- Home Office full-time / a long-term contract as Individual Entrepreneur.
- Relocation to Munich is possible in a 1-year perspective.
- Compensation (fixed in euro) is negotiable with each candidate.
Please send your application to Sergey Zobnin at firstname.lastname@example.org